Direct Mail comes with over fifty email templates built-in. You can use these templates as a starting point for your own emails. Each one is fully customizable, including color schemes, fonts, and content. Here's how to select a template:
- Click the "Choose Template" button in the message editor toolbar
- Browse the gallery of templates and click on the one you'd like to use
Favorite and recently used templates will appear at the top of the template chooser. You can mark a template as your favorite by clicking the heart icon at the top-right corner of the template thumbnail.
Modern vs. Legacy Templates
You may notice that, at the bottom of the template chooser, there is a section labeled "Legacy Templates". These are templates that were included with previous versions of Direct Mail (before 5.0). If you upgraded to Direct Mail 5 from an earlier version and still want to use the older designs, you will find them in the Legacy Templates section.
There are many differences between modern and legacy templates. Some of the differences include:
- Modern templates are fully customizable. You can add, remove, rearrange, and customize the content, as well as modify color schemes and fonts. Legacy templates have a small number of sections that can be duplicated, moved, or removed, and have limited options for changing the colors or fonts.
- Modern templates are fully responsive and look great on all screen sizes—from mobile up to desktop-sized. Only a handful of legacy templates are designed to look good on mobile.
- Modern templates are more compatible with a broader variety of email clients, notably Outlook. Legacy templates are not as compatible.
You can also import templates from a variety of outside sources into Direct Mail. Supported sources include: